Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my best kayak fishing week ever this last week of November: 3 specs Monday, 5 specs Tuesday, 2 slot reds Thursday and 2 slot reds and nice bass today. I guess the weather is going to turn pretty cold soon and targets and tactics will change. Anybody have any thoughts on fishing in December?

Greg

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice meeting you today Greg! The area you were in today will continue to get better and better. As it gets really cold you will have to target deeper water for trout (5'-15'). The reds can still be found on the flats and drop-offs. Slow the presentation down and if it gets really cold and the fish act skiddish then lower the weights, go with smaller baits, and use lighter fishing line. Winter fishing around here is awesome so stay after it! Congrats in a great week of fishing!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff, It was good to meet you too. I am having way too much fun to stop fishing just because it is getting colder. Of course that is easy to say right now while my 61 year old bones arn't hurting to bad yet. Thanks for the insight - hope to see you out there again soon.

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts