Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I guess I'm not to sure about what is referred to as the "learning" process of teaching a grouper or shark to eat a lionfish. Don't the spines have an adverse effect on the preditor fish. I know a jewfish will suck down a ray in a New York second...no problem with the barb there. I have never seen anything eat a live catfish though. Seems like if the lionfish are not affecting the sharks or grouper, there are probably other fish eating them also. Maybe we should start using them for bait, but again I never seen one being caught on a line, let alone being able to take it off without getting at least a six inch pair of needlenose pliers in there. Could be that maybe we are not in as bad of shape as being predicted if they "learn" quickly and others catch on also. Just a thought. Thanks for the vids.

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
I have feed them to snapper before after they were speared. Never seen one eaten when alive and not immobilized in some way. They are here to stay so get use to it. Kill all you want. They do taste like flounder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts