Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the wife and kids down to a spot on coldwater this afternoon. After an hour or so a newer white Chevy pulled up, then backed out and left. There was plenty of parking for him and plenty of room for them to have enjoyed the creek away from us.

So about 2 hours later I'm heading back out on the only road and these fuckers had cut a tree and felled it across the road. Cut was fresh so I know it was them. Has anyone else had this type of problem before? Had I not been driving something with a lift and a winch, or had a saw I would have been stuck out there with a 4 and 7 year old.

We cleared the tree and then passed someone heading down in a Saturn SUV, had that happened to them they would have been screwed.

Assholes being assholes. These are probably the same idiots that leave trash all over the spot too.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amazing someone would do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know, I wish I would have seen their faces but I could only see part of the truck from my chair by the water.

Someone had been out there driving down in the creek as well rutting everything up. FWC has came up there and checked us before , and made sure we hadn't drove out on the sandbar. Every time I go we leave with a bag full of trash. People suck

·
Premium Member
9,604 Posts
My bad Dawg. Didn’t know that was you.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Without giving your spot away, was you close to the horse stables ? And no, it wasn’t me

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Without giving your spot away, was you close to the horse stables ? And no, it wasn’t me

Yeah not far from there, this spot definitely ain't a secret and the road was graded not too long ago so cars have been getting down there.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
It’s a shame that those rural communities surrounding blackwater have such a heroin, opioid, and meth problem. Seems like anytime outside of hunting season I run into junkies all over that place. It’s unfortunately all rural communities fighting this same battle. Not saying the folks that cut down the tree were junkies, but just be careful with your family out there.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It’s a shame that those rural communities surrounding blackwater have such a heroin, opioid, and meth problem. Seems like anytime outside of hunting season I run into junkies all over that place. It’s unfortunately all rural communities fighting this same battle. Not saying the folks that cut down the tree were junkies, but just be careful with your family out there.
Yeah it really is a bad situation. I have run into that myself at other spots in the woods.

·
Super Moderator
12,715 Posts
No doubt. I love hunting up there, but I've had some interesting encounters with the locals. Gotta stay strapped always up there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
No doubt. I love hunting up there, but I've had some interesting encounters with the locals. Gotta stay strapped always up there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Was this Saturday? If so, you might have pissed them off since it was bath day. Caused them to skip a week and that’s just poor hygiene.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts