Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught 2 fish on saturday. Went turkey hunting staurday morning had no luck with the birds so we decided to hit the water a look for a cobia. Left destin pass @ 11:15 and at 11:30 found our first one cruising the bar put a gaff in him that fished weighed 40lbs even . Headed back to harborwalk to get Ice , didnt plan on catching one so we skipped out on the ice .Went back out the passKept going to the east and just before henderson beach we found the second fish , ate an eel that fished weighed 50lbs . weighed both fish at harborwalkat 2 oclock. excuse the gesture in the picture , had a coupe of guys fishing to the west that just could not belive it so we texted them the picture with the "Now you belive me" gesture.

Team Pair-A-Dice

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
congrats!! but they sure don't look like a 40 and 50lber:doh....maybe its just the picture or me??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
40 lbs and 50 lbs on harborwalk scale they were quick to tell me that these were the 1st ones weighed in at harborwalk ,could have made $300 but i havent entered the tournament .

·
Registered
503 Posts
Good work Gary, too bad you couldnt top it off witha gobbler. My pops went up to our place in baker and didnt have much luck either.

Sonny

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
rippndrag (3/22/2010)Caught 2 fish on saturday. Went turkey hunting staurday morning had no luck with the birds so we decided to hit the water a look for a cobia. Left destin pass @ 11:15 and at 11:30 found our first one cruising the bar put a gaff in him that fished weighed 40lbs even . Headed back to harborwalk to get Ice , didnt plan on catching one so we skipped out on the ice .Went back out the passKept going to the east and just before henderson beach <U>we found</U> the second fish , ate an eel that fished weighed 50lbs . weighed both fish at harborwalkat 2 oclock. excuse the gesture in the picture , had a coupe of guys fishing to the west that just could not belive it so we texted them the picture with the "Now you belive me" gesture.

Team Pair-A-Dice

Yall found? Or a parasail boat found? Either way Awsome. We saw 2to the west the were acting weird. Wouldn't hold a bait long enough to get a hook in them. Kept spitting the bait right back out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya Tyler we found him for the bow of dannys boat , bet thats the last time he goes out with out a rod onhis rod. guess he did his good deed for the year.Told him to come by to get a chunk of fish but never heard back from him . were you fishing with your dad? what was the water Temp down west.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Nah, I was on the full pull. The highest water temp we saw was 65.3 most of the time itwas high 64s though.

·
Registered
386 Posts
ironman172 (3/22/2010)congrats!! but they sure don't look like a 40 and 50lber:doh....maybe its just the picture or me??
every fish i have seen pics of this year and the pair we saw have been really skinny so there prolly long and skinny and dont look like wat you would expect a 40 and 50lber to

Nice fish hopefully ill get one this year.

·
Banned
464 Posts
ironman172 (3/22/2010)congrats!! but they sure don't look like a 40 and 50lber:doh....maybe its just the picture or me??
Guess my eyes are going bad also!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Man you just gotta love the online fish weighers that haven't seen the fish in person! Bout as bad as the online deer scorers!!! The man said he had the fish weighed and you're doubting him, with your GUESS from a picture, just because you've seen a couple of other fish before! Give the man some credit! So many haters on here. Nice fish and thanks for the pics!!!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
This is why a bunch of people shy away from PFF...haters! People who dont catch fish or post reports hating on those that do. I have not seen one cobia report or repory of any nature from the guys talking crap....shut it:looser The dude said he weighed the fish. Thanks again man for posting the pics ofthe early cobes.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts