Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried DB Flats yesterday. I heard that the REDS were thick. I didnt catch anything. I was throwing NEW PENNY GULPS At $1 a piece. I think that the "Kayak Floatilla" has this prime spot worn out. There,s a certain white kayak thats always there. This guy must be a good fisherman Because he uses live bait so he must be one of those meat fisherman. In fact i saw this guy catch and KEEP a Trout that was probaly a gator in His MIND . I just smiled and thought take the small ones . Fish on Dude:usaflag

·
Registered
32 Posts
New pennys are good when they are hooked tail first on a jig head. You have to throw them into the thickest grass bed you can find to get the really big fish , like Ol Big Red. If you missed the reds at DB flats, they may have moved on down a few clicks to CB Flats. The yaks are't as thick there. I usually only see one or two. I went gigging there tonight, and I saw a "Gator" flounder. It had the biggest stinger I have seen since Stingray City! I let it swim on ...maybe the mullet gigger will run across it someday and make some scallops for the neighborhood.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I better stick to what I know. Its white trout season for me now, soon to be sheep head season.I used to work on a commercial scallop boat, and although the mega tail flounder may look like the sea scallop when prepared with a circular object , ITS NOT! As for gigging mullet ,what a great sport almost as fun as snatching mullet.You must live in a neighbor hood where everybody,s friendly Hook. I know a few people who occasionlywander over and endulge on fresh fried fish,never frozen. But feeding the whole neighbor hood? CB FLATS? I think I saw that on a chart once. I searched for VICS hole one day but no luck.That is either one seret place or I just got bad intel. But the fisherman who was with me swore it existed. He said you could catch Grouper and snapper there. If your up to showing me and DB how find this coveted place ill provide you with a free boat ride to said spot.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DB flats are located east of juanas . I start wadding east till i hit the bend and then feel my way to the drop off.I cross the drop by going in twoards shore,at this point I turn my back to the east and fish to the west.I throw over the drop off and fish slowly back across the flat. Its easy to get to but you have to get wet. or have a kayak. Ive caught some nice fish on DB flats.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Cub...It's been a lot of fun stalking you online...but I'd rather catch a nice flounder anyday! Who Knew that a clove of garlic would bring more flatties! Keep up the great post! I'll be happy to take you up on your offer of a free boat ride, and even happier to pitch in for gas. I'm sure we can get DBto throw in a little as well.....ummm..maybe. Just j/k ing. CB flats haven't been producing lately, maybe I'll see you out at DBflats! On a side note....thanks for the patriotism!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yo Hook, Do you own a Mcaw? Damn good flounder birds. I fished the beach yesterday and caught some nice whiting. Take the yak out there and have some fun. Roger that. I saw some mullet from my dock yesterday. I know there are still Reds out back. DB Flats Is full of Pompano. I parked next to Juanas and walked to my favorite spot and there they were.I used a red and white stingray grub,just slayed them.If you want to get out to the bridge for some whites thats ok with me. Ive been doing good there. Id like to get you and DB out there and then maybe we could look for VICS FISHING HOLE? ####? What do you think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts