Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We hit it hard today heading about an hour down to Saldotna along the Kenai River. Bite was better today but nowhere near what we wanted to have. A few salmon caught but nothing special except the scenery. We left Soldotna and headed a bit further to the Kasilof River and couldn’t get anything on the line.

Got back to Cooper Landing and dropped a couple of the guys off and hit the Russian River. Walked the Russian down to the confluence of the Kenai which was about a mile down the path and along the river. I am too fat and old for that kind of hike!

It was 76 degrees today and the only good thing that happened after we walked that far was I did an ole slippery rock dance for about 5 seconds before being dunked in the river cooling me off a bit. Waders filled full of glacial water and I flounced around for a few seconds before I was able to regain my footing but not my pride since there were quite a few witnesses. Well I finally walked back to shore with my waders full of water along with what are now 2 raisins and a wet ass.

This was our last day and even though we didn’t catch that many salmon we had a great time with the rainbows and one hell of a halibut trip. Here are the only pics I grabbed today since I was giving all I had to the fishing.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Sounds and looks like an awesome trip, thanks so much for posting all the pictures. Travel safe!

Reactions: fla_scout

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Thanks for the pics FlaScout. I've been out of sorts for the last ten days with the covid and your pictures have certainly helped my outlook.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I know pictures never do a place justice and the pictures are beautiful, thanks for taking us along.

·
Super Moderator
12,706 Posts
I've been loving these updates, Alaska would be a dream trip for me and I hope to make it soon. Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts