Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Destroyed two really cool euro mounts on my river cabin porch. My wife tried to make it look better by adding 4th if July flags but -ehhh. What I really want is a cheap mounted squirrel to put up there with it so y’all keep an eye out and pm me if you see one in a second hand store or yard sale

·
Super Moderator
28,384 Posts
Yeah, I had a bunch of old racks on my chicken coop and they have gnawed the crap outta them too!!!

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Aggravating when it is something that you prize. I saw a squirrel on top of a metal fence post that looked like he/she was chewing the top part. When I got closer to look, several of the posts had teeth marks. I wondered if they were sharpening their teeth or getting nutrients out of the metal. I left them alone because it didn't hurt my fence. I also saw one through my work window that was chewing on a dried up bird. I guess if you are hungry that you will eat a lot of things.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Wait until the Left starts telling us about the "Murder Squirrels" that are heading this way from South America....

·
Registered
349 Posts
I worked for a farmer when was younger and the squirrels got in his attic and chewed insulation off of some wires. Ended up setting attic on fire. We had a good squirrel shoot that day.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
shoot this one and hang it dead on the mount as a warning...sooner or later he will dry out and you have him already mounted!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Calcium is like sugar to them , may have new born
12wtmk712.jpg

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,159 Posts
I've killed over 60 out of my yard in the last year. Kill one, two come to the funeral. I don't mind them but they dig up my sod, make a mess out of my yard.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I get mad when they get on my boat. The chewed the piping off of the front seat cushion the first month I had the boat. That cost me 150.00 to replace. They even chewed up a large piece of lead I had on the back porch. Oh, and chewed off the new cleats I put on the float in the back yard. I hate those darn tree rats.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
That's how I want to go...

Reactions: Bodupp

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
Little rats with hairdos. They chewed the main power feed to my cabin several years ago, replacement was around $800. Now they are at it again. 40,000 acres of shit to chew up and they chew the one thing that can shut me down. Hate the bastards.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,930 Posts
You lookin for dis? Gotta add your own piece of wood and choice of tyre but in stock at PetSmart.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I had poured some six ounce bank sinkers and set them on my ledge outside to weather and get the shine off of them. The dang squirrels chewed them up, like half the sinker gone. I had to melt them and re-pour. We put in a pool last year with a screen enclosure. They were running across my screen and jumping to a nearby tree. There were at least a dozen running around in my neighbors trees. I got my pellet gun out and killed four, one of which got hung up in the tree and didn't fall. That was two months ago and haven't seen a squirrel since.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts