Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
King of Mobile
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else having the same problems on their lease? We are covered up here in mobile county! I bet I have pics of 10 different bears on camrea this year. There was one at the base of my tree during bow season, and like an idiot i dropped an oatmeal creme pie down for him. He ate it and then started climbing the tree looking for more, he grabbed the platform of my lock on before i hit him in the face with a bottle of Mountain Dew to send him on his way.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
Mobile is eat up with bears.

Guy I know, who lives north of Mobile, has got a feeder graveyard in the back of his house. He can't devise anything to keep them out. They are like giant, clawed cat squirrels.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I would at least be carrying a .357 preferably a .44mag with me in the woods. Man thats a fat bear. I honestly have seen more pictures of bears here in the south than I saw out west in Colorado.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I would at least be carrying a .357 preferably a .44mag with me in the woods. Man thats a fat bear. I honestly have seen more pictures of bears here in the south than I saw out west in Colorado.
He has been eating good. Would bet he can run though. Would.like to see him do it with a,few blue ticks and red bones behind him.

·
Registered
863 Posts
This guy will be protesting killing bears on the side of the road any day now. Running bears with about 20 head of hounds is a DANG GOOD TIME :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I'm disappointed. I thought you were talking about something totally different when you posted beavers everywhere! Then I realized you posted Bears.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
This guy will be protesting killing bears on the side of the road any day now. Running bears with about 20 head of hounds is a DANG GOOD TIME :thumbsup:
Me protesting killing of bears?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Me protesting killing of bears?
Thats right. U started a whole thread crying and whining bc they were killing bears bc one attacked a girl at a drink machine!!! Its obvious u arent from around here and had to deal with all the non sense of bears since they closed the season on them.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I just got out of a club in Daytona over those stupid things. There needs to be a open season. If I saw 4 different bears and 2 cubs in 10 days of hunting all year there is a problem! I hear stories of broth soaked sponges and gut shots but i just can't do it and I don't want to worry about gettin eaten so I bounced to auburn where there are no bears.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Thats right. U started a whole thread crying and whining bc they were killing bears bc one attacked a girl at a drink machine!!! Its obvious u arent from around here and had to deal with all the non sense of bears since they closed the season on them.
Actually I have lived here for quite sometime and lived in Colorado, Alabama, and Virginia. If you take the time to educate yourself a little bit and read what I have said in that thread. Actually hang on I took the time to copy and paste what I said to educate you a little bit on what I said. Here it is:

This is extremely irritating and pisses me off. I honestly hope this isn't true. FWC is going to continue trapping and killing bears instead of issuing tags to hunters and let them take the animal meat, hide, etc. How in the hell are they going to be able to tell? The bear didn't eat the girl? Stupid ass politics! Just manage the animal and stuff like this won't happen as often.

It just doesn't make since. Make a tag system charge for the tag and let the hunters take care of it but hey it makes way to much since. I wish they would allow bear hunting just like every other hunter does. But FWC just killing them to find who attack the girl seriously it is a wild animal what do you expect? Girl probably got between a mother and her cubs..... Which makes for a terrible ending.

No I didn't say flood the area with hunters. This is an opportunity to start to try and develop a bear season. If there are bears attacks will happen just like if there are snakes,sharks, jelly fish. You are eventually going to run out of luck some day. Politics has a lot to do with whether or not there is a bear season. Florida is more worried about something like regulating red snapper. Like I said in one of my posts the victim was probably between a sow and the cubs. Most black bears will run away.

It would behoove you to take the time to educate yourself before you call someone out. Also before you rebuttal read my whole post.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I had to go back and read what you said in that thread. The first post you put was how you wish that they would kill them all. That statement seems kind of selfish. Something that the good Lord has placed on this earth. How about we manage them just like the deer, turkeys, doves, ducks, alligators. To me it seems like all your worried about is just killing an animal in front of your hounds instead of making sure this way of life, sport, however you want to call it moves on to another generation. I want my kids to enjoy what I do but hey what does a 21 year old know.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I had to go back and read what you said in that thread. The first post you put was how you wish that they would kill them all. That statement seems kind of selfish. Something that the good Lord has placed on this earth. How about we manage them just like the deer, turkeys, doves, ducks, alligators. To me it seems like all your worried about is just killing an animal in front of your hounds instead of making sure this way of life, sport, however you want to call it moves on to another generation. I want my kids to enjoy what I do but hey what does a 21 year old know.
Thats where ur wrong. If only u had a clue. We ran more deer with hounds Fri than most people have seen this year. Half the people that I hunt with are old timers that have killed so many, all they are tryin to do is put the kids on one. We should have killed 2 bucks, but we were trying to put the kids on one. I dont even take a gun to the woods. U are right about 2 things. U are 21 and have a lot to learn. And I would like to tree or run every bear out of Fl and Bama!!!

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
Brandon, I have made note of several of your posts and I am encouraged that someone your age shows such maturity. At 21 , you seem to be really into conservation, preserving the sport of hunting and saving a few for the next generation. It's good to see that not everybody on here is from the "if it's brown it's down" crowd. Good job.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Thats where ur wrong. If only u had a clue. We ran more deer with hounds Fri than most people have seen this year. Half the people that I hunt with are old timers that have killed so many, all they are tryin to do is put the kids on one. We should have killed 2 bucks, but we were trying to put the kids on one. I dont even take a gun to the woods. U are right about 2 things. U are 21 and have a lot to learn. And I would like to tree or run every bear out of Fl and Bama!!!
If you read half of your posts on here it makes it seem a lot different. Perception becomes reality. I know I have a lot to learn that is why I am so humble when it comes to people teaching me things but in your last few posts you never took the time to even educate yourself on what I said. Seems like you have a few stuff to learn too. Just my .2 cents.

·
Registered
863 Posts
If you read half of your posts on here it makes it seem a lot different. Perception becomes reality. I know I have a lot to learn that is why I am so humble when it comes to people teaching me things but in your last few posts you never took the time to even educate yourself on what I said. Seems like you have a few stuff to learn too. Just my .2 cents.
U have got to understand that is near about impossible tohunt over this way without having ur stuff tore up by bears. I am sorry for talkin to u like that, but I would still like to run all the bears out of the state :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Brandon wasn't "whining" about the need to kill bears. He was "whining" about the FWC shooting them until they find the one with the right DNA that attacked that girl. He was "whining" about how the FWC is dealing with the bear problem. The only reason that Florida and Alabama has a bear "problem" is because the FWC wasn't prepared or let politics get in the way of having a plan in place when the bear population out grew its wilderness habitat. Bears have been protected for so long that it was only a matter of time until they out grew the carrying capacity of the wild and began encroaching on human populations instead of being confined to the wild.

For any one that wants to kill all of the bears I can tell you guys one thing. If you kill every single one it's only a matter of time before the tree huggers step in to keep them protected. The wolf (and the bears down here) is a perfect example. The wolves were all but eradicated in this country. Now the tree huggers have them protected, reintroduced, and absolutely no plan to deal with the ever increasing population.

The solution to the bear problem down here is to simply open a season on them where the population is too great. Not only will it begin to deal with the bear over population it will also generate revenue for the states, local businesses, and quite possibly create jobs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts