Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats what I say anyway. Decided to go ahead with our plans to spend the week in Gulf shores starting June 4th. I sure the resturants are looking forward to seeing us.My brother and I will be fishing offshore most mornings looking for Kings, jacks, Tarpon whatever. Most of our launches will be from the first acces just east of Little Lagoon pass. May plan a launch from Florida point as well and fish around the jetties. Anybody that wants to join up is welcome. Now if I can just get this forum to work normally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope the winds and currents keep the oil away from one of my favorite places.

By the way BP sucks!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well H$ll,

Looks like the oil is going to beat me to the beach.

Looks like I will be fishing the lagoon and other inshore areas

Question...if they close state gulf waters does that mean no fishing period or no keeping your catch? What about surf fishing during clean stretches?

I could see this stuff coming in bands with clean water at times. Thinking of getting the yak offshore when possible

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
It isn't the threat of pulling fish thru a slick... The unseen oil will be getting into their system. also, the fish you catch in a clean spot may have recently come out of a suspended plume...

If a fish gets into heavy oil, they will die real quick with coated gills and will not likely be in a mood to eat even the nicest offering...

Brent

·
Registered
19 Posts
Glad to hear the waters are still open. I will be out there as well on June 6th. I will be fishing out of the mango T140 on the green 4 door jeep. Hope to see some of y'all out there.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Decided to not take a chance and changed our reservations to out run the oil. We have relocated to Cape San Blas, First time to be here and it is nice! Now if this wind will lay down we should be able to get our line stretched. Turtle huggers in full force here but thats OK I like the little buggers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts