Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you that ever fished the bridges or shoreline in our area with any regularity may be acquaintedwith my uncle, Dale Hall. If so, you may not be aware that he suffered a pretty serious stroke in early November. He was in the hospital and rehab for over 3 weeks before being able to return home. Luckily, Dale has been able to regain his ability to walk and talk but his left arm is still pretty bad.

To give him a morale boost, I took him out to Bayou Texar late Sunday afternoon to try and catch some of the monster specks being caught there in the channels. While we didn't catch a thing, he was able to cast his rod with the same precision and twitch his mirrorlure using the same technique that has won him many a Speck Tournament. He's already rigged up an extended reel handle to help him crank with his partially paralyzed left arm and is ready for the next trip.

For those of you that know Dale and even those of you who don't, I ask for your thoughts and prayers for his continued recovery and improvement.

Thanks in advance,

"Gig" Hall

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
WHen I saw the title of this post, I immediately thought you were posting about a huge trout he had caught. I am sorry to hear about his stroke, hope he gets well soon. Definitely one fo the best trout fisherman around:bowdown

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I don't know your uncle, but prayers sent for his ongoing recovery. You are a good man helping him get back out there, my guess is that there is no better therapy then fishing with family.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Freespool (12/26/2007)WHen I saw the title of this post, I immediately thought you were posting about a huge trout he had caught. I am sorry to hear about his stroke, hope he gets well soon. Definitely one fo the best trout fisherman around:bowdown
He will certainly appreciate the compliment!

Thanks,

Gig

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hope that your uncle keeps getting better . You are a good nephew to help him as you are. He and you will be in our prays.:angel

Also see you are new to forum Welcome.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wirenut (12/26/2007)Hope that your uncle keeps getting better . You are a good nephew to help him as you are. He and you will be in our prays.:angel

Also see you are new to forum Welcome.
I'm not totally new as my post-counter would indicate. I had the same username on the previous forum but have been pretty inactive over the last couple of years due to a back injury sustained in a car accident. I guess your account resets after a while. Thanks for the welcome though :clap

Gig

·
Registered
958 Posts
I hope everything works out for Dale and his family!!!:angel:angel:angel

I know he enjoyed his fishing and I hope he can continue!!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Being in the fishing tackle business a very long time I've known Dale for about 12 years or so. Tell him he is in the thoughts of everyone at Outcast and let me know if there is anything I can do for him. He can catch a trout with the best of them and pleasekeep me informed with his progress.

Anthony

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ran into several nights, always a pleasure to talk fishing. Seeing him you know your in the right area. Good Luck Dale our prayers are with you. Be looking for you in the night.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Dale is a great guy and excellent fisherman!

My buddy talked to him and plans toget him out fishing in the next couple weeks.

Hope he has a speedy recovery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts