Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody familar/use one of these? Like the Seaborgs, Dendoh's, etc. Thinking bout gettin into the deep droppin stuff an trying to find out what kind of 'electric' gear would be best.

·
Registered
541 Posts
love my tanacom bull. Precision is cheaper and somewhat smaller but is new and has no history that I could find to compare it to other reels.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Pass Time (1/29/2010)love my tanacom bull. Precision is cheaper and somewhat smaller but is new and has no history that I could find to compare it to other reels.

Precisions can be hooked up to a 9/0 . So a Tanacom

Bull is bigger than a 9/0?

Mark

·
Registered
337 Posts
Look on ebay at the electric reels. I have an e<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_lblFullMessage>lectramate, a dawia tanacom, and a miya epoch. I would never buy another reel that did not have a line counter and auto stop. The Japs are light years ahead of electramate and precision. The only decent US made reels are the Strong Fighter and Kristal.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I would never buy another reel that did not have a line counter and auto stop. The Japs are light years ahead of electramate and precision.

X-2

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Those Miya Epoch reels on Ebay come used from Japan with the instructions in Japanese mostly. I saw a guy on here asking for a copy of the English insructions a while back because he couldn't figure everything out.

I fish precision reels and like them because they are made in the US, reports are theyprovide good service should you have a problem (I haven't needed it), butif something goes wrong with the reel side you can replace the entire reel component brand new for around $150.00.

Butyou guys are right he will probably need a $900 Tanacom or $2000 Kristal etc to meet his fishing needs as soon as he can get it. Particularly when the Fedshave pretty much shut down deep dropping on the east coast as of Jan 2010 and when the Feds will be looking at gulf grouperseasons in Feb 2010.

Mark W

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have 2 elec tra mates deep drop reels. my first reel 920 xp(9/0) pennis ok but the gear box suck i have got the parts from elec-tra-mate my self and fixed gear box like 3 times in 500 hours of use part were about 75.00 each time. I would not buy another one that was not commercial. now that being said I later bought a commercial 1412g (12/0)that fits penn reel 12/0 and i love it i have had that one around 3 years and not one problem gear box and motor very strong it can turn 30 pound grouper easy i would buy another one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts