Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dad got him a nice(to us anyways esp in a DIY public land hunt and first trip out there since the 80s) bear yesterday evening. 300lbs. No luck on the elk yet seeing plenty and some nice bulls but no bow opportunity at them yet. 5ft 7in nose to base of tail

Attachments

·
Registered
12,855 Posts
Where are they hunting? We drew on a nice bear a few days ago but all the tags were sold out so we just pretended we killed him. It’s way to hot right now.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
That's awesome! Congrats to your old man and I hope he gets his elk now!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are they hunting? We drew on a nice bear a few days ago but all the tags were sold out so we just pretended we killed him. It’s way to hot right now.
Colorado is all I know. They were talking about hunting water holes but I have no clue if that is still what they doing.

·
Super Moderator
28,501 Posts
Congrats to your pops fer getting it done...I got a cousin that loves going to Canada and bear hunts, but I never got an inkling to do it...

·
Registered
12,855 Posts
Speaking of bears...this guy just walked through. Would have been an easy 18 yard shot. He was in total stealth mode and didn’t make a sound. It’s amazing how something so big can be so quiet. He was probably 350-400 lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Speaking of bears...this guy just walked through. Would have been an easy 18 yard shot. He was in total stealth mode and didn’t make a sound. It’s amazing how something so big can be so quiet. He was probably 350-400 lbs.
They still seeing plenty elk every day but waiting on a decent bull to get close enough. Has seen some good ones but all been to far. Several cows been in range but he’s got he while season or however the tags work so in hurry to burn it on a cow. Oh to be retired.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Just got word they expect dads bear to make the pope and young record book. Has a period of time to go I guess like a deer has the drying period but the green measurements are way more than enough. I know very little about sizing up a bear but looks like a pretty good paw and head to me

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts