Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
If you build, no matter who the contractor is....Put a 2" PVC sleeve with caps just pushed on, under the driveway before it is poured. You will not regret it even if you never use it. Bet you use it.

Huh?

OK, I gotta what is this and why would I want to do this?

·
Premium Member
9,628 Posts
Huh?

OK, I gotta what is this and why would I want to do this?
Sleeve. In case you need to cross your driveway with water or electrical.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Mo better than jetting it with PVC pipe and a hose.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Georgia homes are total $hit!!!! I use to do a lot of inspections in and around Atlanta. The one thing I could never get over is the gap of the roof decking to the the fasica board. Sometimes it could be up to 12in under the shingles
I live in one and will agree 100%. Everytime we find something else I tell my wife, well at least we know another thing to think about next time.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I know the Georiga homes are total crap that was the point I was trying to make!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
DR Horton uses local builders. Craftsmanship will change from neighborhood to neighborhood. Look at the homes under construction and the ones completed. Do they meet your standards? Some are good, some are shit. Over this way, the $500k+ DR Horton homes suck ass, while the $190-300k are much better.
By local builders you mean local to Mexico?

·
Registered
303 Posts
About 6 years ago I was new house hunting in the Clermont area.
I went to a new Horton development and the girl in the model told me today was my lucky day because Mr, Horton himself was to be visiting there today and was expected any minute.
He sure enough did show up and I was able to meet him. I asked him why I should want to buy one of his homes. He started telling me how great they were and about all his satisfied customers. I asked about their process if a customer was dissatisfied with their home. Again he said it was rare but they strive to always put their customers first. I said I’ll buy your home right now if you yourself would handle any complaints I had and I asked for
his cell number so I could call him directly. He looked at me and said “ son I’m no fool I don’t give out my cell number to anyone.” I said “ Mr Horton I’m no fool either” and walked out.
~JOE~

21 - 30 of 30 Posts