Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering where i could go to get a good deal on a custom built rod for my new penn sv4000 i got for christmas. want something light or med light.

·
Registered
512 Posts
You should have no problem with that one,there is several great rod builders on here,Gloryboy,KTKGreenGo,nb&twil to name a few i know of.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Building inshore rods is a fairly quick process. You should be able to find a great rod builder that can get you what you want. I would love to build you one but I have a fairly large back log right now. I am about 20 orders behind. Working 70+ hours a week in my regular job and wrapping at night it is hard for me to keep up.

Like Last Chance said ( thanks for the plug ) there are some awesome rod builders on board here. You should have no problem getting a wonderful rod built. If you can't find anyone let me know and I can put someone on the back-burner and try to get you one out.

It takes me about 10 days to complete one, depending on the level of detail work you would like!!

:letsdrink

·
Registered
913 Posts
Inshore rods are fairly easy to build if you want give me a shout I will be glad to help you out I have a rod lathe can show you some things.

·
Registered
913 Posts
There can be good money in making your own and you can save quite a bit. I like making my own because I can get exactly what I want and can mix and match components.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Mudhole was mentioned earlier, is that a good site to start off with? and do I have to buy videos or are there other sites that I can learn from instead of buying videos?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Go to RodBuilding.org there are some great people on there to help you out. You might want to buy Tom Kirkmans rod building book it is a tremendous help when you start to build.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Mudhole is a great site to buy products from but not much info on how to build. If you do decide to start building go to The Rod Room in Orange Beach Kathy will help you out in picking out blanks and components.

·
Registered
958 Posts
First Catch (1/8/2008)Thanks for the info. Are there any shops closer than the rod room to gulf breeze?
You can check us out at the Rod N Reel Depot!!! Located in the back of Goin Fishin Bait and Tackle off Lillian Hwy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts