Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a net from this guy a couple days ago and I am very impressed. He is a very nice guy, and builds really nice nets at a good price. he builds them just like Helen did for Gulf Breeze Bait and Tackle.

img013.jpg

net.jpg

·
Super Moderator
28,522 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Thanks for this info! I need a net.

Can somone give me some feed back on what size I should be looking at...
Main goal is bait, alewives, menhaden, and finger mullet. Not really worried about full sized mullet but if it can sink fast enough to actually catch them then great. Right now I have a 6 footer, works alright on menhaden from the shore but if I try to throw at a school from a boat it won't sink fast enough. I was thinking maybe a 10 footer? Thanks for the future input.

·
lobsterguy
800 Posts
Ten Foot

Ten footer should suit you just fine. I got a twelve footer from Rick last night for mullet. Practiced all day today with it. I also use the ten footer I have for bait and it works very good. Give it a go and mullet net is easier to throw than the smaller net and sinks very fast. I love seeing the fish that maybe I can catch now. Still waiting for that first mullet in the net.

·
Registered
14,739 Posts
Was thinking he had slowed down since the workshop burned. Glad he's back at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Super Moderator
28,522 Posts
Was thinking he had slowed down since the workshop burned. Glad he's back at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

DANG.....you made me call him!!!! I didn't know his place burned!!! He's almost got it together so his net producing is taking a back burner (no pun intended) although he said he is still building them just slower! :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts