Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Roll Tider
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I don't want to sell this but I must.. I need to help someone in need, who currently has no power in her home.. Want to sell ASAP.

It is a custom made 7' AmericanTackle blank, medium power, fast action blank. New condition, barely used. Fuji guides and custom low profile handle. Made by one of the best rod builders in the panhandle (Obie, owner of Fast Cast Custom Rods.) I belive i paid about $150 for the rod, if not a little more.

The reel, Is a used ONCE Diawa Lexa 2500, which based on my experience, is just as smooth and durable as Shimano's stradic. Retails for $120. I've got a few of each reel, so I've used them side by side and can hardly tell any difference.

This reel is in box, spooled with new 10-15lb PowerPro super slick (don't remember which lb rating.

This rod was made for trout/redfish/pompano with sight fishing in mind.

This combo is beautiful, pictures don't do it justice. It's a must see in person.

MAY CONSIDER SELLING ROD & REEL SEPARATE.

ASKING $180 For the lot... Offers may be considered. Thank You!

Im willing to meet in Pensacola area, you may contact me at 850-530-4580.

·
FastCast Custom Rods
1,069 Posts
I'll chip in $40 to help Austin keep his rod and help restore power to the person in need. Anyone else want to make this happen?

·
Enjoying Gods Creation
1,262 Posts
I don't have the spare funds to do it but maybe somebody could buy it and give him the opportunity to buy it back at a later date if he so desired. Just a thought.

·
simple man
730 Posts
I can throw in a little to help myself.. pm me later with details..

Reactions: Don White

·
Roll Tider
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am sorry for the late response regarding this guys, as you can see I've had a lot going on. I was able to sell the rod, but folks didn't seem to have the funding for the reel, which by the way, is a FANTASTIC reel. And due to helping this person, I have now put myself in a bad spot myself.. I guess that's just the way it goes right? The reel is for sale on the first page (now just a bit under this one now due to a new reply). It is a great reel that was lightly used only once. Thank you all for the generous offers regarding this post, I ended up paying her power bill ($312) out of my own paycheck.. So if you don't mind, at least check out my post about selling the reel.. Thank all of you for all of the generous offers on this post!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts