Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VS200B (10/27/2007)i'll give you $150.
i'll pass on that offer.. it cost me about $150 just for the blank and guides..

and then the reel seat, cork, foam, etc. and thelabor into building the rod..

$250 is a fair price if you ask me.

any reasonable offers will be considered.

·
Super Moderator
12,800 Posts
HookSet (10/27/2007)
VS200B (10/27/2007)i'll give you $150.
i'll pass on that offer.. it cost me about $150 just for the blank and guides..

and then the reel seat, cork, foam, etc. and thelabor into building the rod..

$250 is a fair price if you ask me.

any reasonable offers will be considered.
i'm assuming you bought the blank after they stopped making them?, if so, then 250 is fair...

any chance in selling just the blank?, i was planning on stripping the rod and re-wrapping it anyways.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you must thinkim sellingan all-star 1088....its a rainshadow 1088..

well if you are looking for a rainshadow 1088 blank, nb&twil has aone for sale...

·
Registered
993 Posts
I fish a Rainshadow 1089 and it is very comparable to the Loomis 1089.

A great blank.I do not know of another manufacturer making 1089 models.

Good luck with selling your rod.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Rainshadow hasabad rap with some of the pier folk cause some of the older 1088's broke. And man, when a blank breaks on the pier it gets the worst criticizem ever, even when it's user fault.

The 1088 is now fixed according to surf talk and rod builder .org. The problem of the old being to fast and light in the tip compared to allstar 1088 . The improved blank has a 9.0 tip compared to a 7.5 older model. But still not a hardtail slinger in my book cause it still has a 4oz. limit and graphiteso bump up to a 1089 to be safe .

Please say bye to allstar for good this time paying 90-130& for a blank with no identification and warrenty is dumb.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Linda&Ernie (2/26/2008)Rainshadow hasabad rap with some of the pier folk cause some of the older 1088's broke. And man, when a blank breaks on the pier it gets the worst criticizem ever, even when it's user fault.

The 1088 is now fixed according to surf talk and rod builder .org. The problem of the old being to fast and light in the tip compared to allstar 1088 . The improved blank has a 9.0 tip compared to a 7.5 older model. But still not a hardtail slinger in my book cause it still has a 4oz. limit and graphiteso bump up to a 1089 to be safe .

Please say bye to allstar for good this time paying 90-130& for a blank with no identification and warrenty is dumb.

That pretty much sums up a coupleof reasons why I want to sell. Like you said its to fast and light at the tip and its not really a hardtail slinger. But I've never heard anything about the bad rep of breaking.

Another reason why I want to sell is because I have a su1088, sw1088, and ast. croix, and thats just one to many pier rods for me.But now since we all know about the bad rep I'm sure nobody is going to be interested in buying this rod, so nowyou got methinking I might as well keep it and use it this summerto bust some poons with itand see if that bad rep holds up to its name.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Don't get me wrong, it's still a fine blank, & still many in use out there that I've built. If you like fast action it's fine and it still performs under all it's ratings. My whole intention was to clarify how the pier rats will ruin the reputation of an entiremanufacture over a couple broke rods do to over aggressivley slinging cobia jigs in the 3-4 oz range.Batson/Rainshadow is hands down the best blank company out there, they sell more blanks then all the American blankmanufactures put together.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts