Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
wasn't enough to even justify the amount of time and fuel I was going to use to take it there. My extra aluminum went in to a dumpster in my neighborhood for a house that's under construction. Better than having it sit on my trailer waiting on a price increase.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Prices

Steel and tin prices almost always go down at the end of the year. Aluminum and copper are still okay.

Like they said earlier tin and such is only $2.50 in Milton.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I sold a little thin pipe last week at Wise and it was $.03 per pound. This was thin stuff similar to conduit.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes to confirm with everyone, wise is .03 per lb...

Southern told me 2.00 per 100..

I had to load a old semi trailer frame.. in the same situation as above my customer had to have it moved and of course I need my 40ft trailer this weekend so got it loaded last night and will have to take the cheap scrap pay and haul to wise tomorrow.
Luckily I'm able to bill for the clean up otherwise it would not have been worth the trouble of tearing the box off and loading no to mention the tight area I had to work in to do so made a 45 min job 2 hours having to work to not tear a fence or other trailers up while tearing the walls off!! But it's a done deal, now if I can get wises to unload it without damaging my trailer I'll be in good shape! Lol

·
Registered
704 Posts
I for one hope the prices stay down!! Every time scrap price is up I get behind some meth head dragging a POS trailer down the highway with (s)crap hanging all off of it and falling in the road. I have ruined 3 tires and had five or six flats because of people hauling their (s)crap!! One of the ruined tires cost me more than they get for a whole load of (s)crap! Besides that it increases the thefts of copper, aluminum etc. I had a 12ft aluminum boat that I used for duck hunting stolen out of my fenced back yard one time when scrap was high. I just had a robbery at my farm in MO, they stole the leads for my portable welder, 250ft and stole the batteries and cut all the wiring out of my bass boat!! All for scrap! As you can tell, I don't care much for (s)crappers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts