Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying my hardest to get away from Tennessee for the summerso i can get down on the coast somewhere and work. Wat are the odds of me getting a job pretty quick? Im 19 in college so any input from you locals would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont care what type of work it is. I just want to eperience living theSALT LIFEfor a while man. I work in the Concrete business here in Tennessee so I think i can manage most jobs. My dream job would be a captain giving me the opportunity to be a Mate on a boat. I know i am from Tennesse but i try to learn as much as possible at what i do and think i could make someone one of the most reliable mates for the summer if anyone would just give me the chance to prove myself

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well to be honest theres not a whole lot of construction going on around here. I mean its picking up but as far as concrete, I used to do it and the three companies I did work for really arent all that busy right now. They will prob pick up a lil bit this summer. I would have to say that the restuarnt bus is always hiring around here. So you should be able to find a job doing that. Just keep in mind around here the pay scale is alot lower than further south in florida..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do have any fishing experience? Can you pass a drug test, can you take constructive criticism?What kind of customer service training do you have.Do you have a criminal background? Just a few questions you might be asked! Be prepared

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes sir i have fished many of times out in the gulf with some of my friends down there. I started out on the pier about 7 years ago and have been hooked eversince thencause i landed a 28 pound king first time i ever fished out there. I fish at least 4 days out of the week up here

My background is clean as a whistle and i can pass a drug test any day.

My grandfather is one of the toughest men i ever worked for so i think i can handle about anyone

I have it made here at home to be quiet honest but when all you ever think about is the SALT LIFE like i do and wondering how awesome it would be to experience, then thats my sign to makea move. Fishing is all i ever think about and i just love it more than anything else. I do not feel that i belong here in Tennessee really. I ride my longboard to fishing holes all the time and people think im crazy up here haha.

Maybe one day i will get my chance to shine and make someone one heck of a mate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts