Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the news from the shop; low compression on one cylinder. Pulled the head and it is bad. So, got to replace the head, and while the unit is out we are going ahead and have the block machined and new piston kit- the whole McGregor!

Bad part of the whole thing, Suzuki does not have the head in stock and doesn't know when they will get one. So, we are looking at bridge fishing for a while. :banghead

So, no inshore reports from me or fishnlane for a while. But, we will post on Bridge & Pier area if we get lucky. Keep them reports and pics coming.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,545 Posts
Man that stinks. The red tide has moved into the bay over here in Destin. It doesn't appear to be as bad as I've seen it in the past tho. In the bay I mean. Hope they wrap it up fairly quick for you.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Sorry to hear that - Watch the need crew list someone will take you out. Funny I had a problem with a Suzuki motor some time ago. When I contacted the manufacture, they told me that it was common for internal parts of a combustion engine to come loose. Promised myself I would never buy another Suzuki

·
Registered
512 Posts
fishn4real,

If you wanna go catch some reds or whatever let me know,i will take you out and we will do some fishing.I know how it is to go from fishing all the time in a boat,then no boat.Would have to do it in the fall run for reds huh! I have a 19ft sundance we can fish in.

Maurice

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
That really sucks!!!! Hopefully they will get you guys fixed up very soon! I am sure... you will not go without fishing very long!

It was great seeing ya both at the Outdoor Festival.I was really sorry to hear about your boat!!! I know exactly how it feels... inbetween mine.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I have a post in the looking for inshore buddies posted if you ever want to go out..

Mike

·
Registered
138 Posts
the red tide is in the bay here now? how far in the bay is it? I went to the bayou

saturday and the water was CRYSTAL....:banghead

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shawn, Maurice, Mike, and other good friends; Thank you sooo much for the offers to go fishing with you.Will probablybe calling. When fishing is such a big part of your life, and all of a sudden you're landlocked...:banghead. Lane and I even looked at the possibility of buying a klunker during the fix...

Thanks, again,

And, oh yes, Everyone...the Gumbo Brew at our house...November 17 starting mid afternoon. Put it on the calendar!:letsdrink:hungry

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Oh noooooooooo.. Nov 17th? Are you taking it to Ft McRae?... camping out? Waaahhhhhh:banghead

Hmmmm.... gotz to figure something out....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts