Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a Crossbow be used during General Gun Season? Muzzle loading Season?

Thanks in advance!

jd

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
A cross bow is legal only during regular gun and cross bow season, it can not be used during archery or blackpowder, I however have a disabled crossbow permit, and can use it anytime, even during archery,,, and its not a downgrade,,, i happen to like using my crossbow,,

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Bluejay (1/30/2010)Sequoiha is incorrect. you can use crossbow during general gun and muzzleloading season. however, you will need the muzzleloader $5 permit.

Can you use a crossbow during general hunting season?
You are absolutly correct, and i stand corrected,, <P align=left>Muzzleloading gun season<P align=left>Season dates:<P align=left>South Zone Oct. 17 ? 25, 2009<P align=left>Central Zone Oct. 31 ? Nov. 8, 2009<P align=left>Northwest Zone Nov. 20?22, 2009 and<P align=left>Feb. 18?28, 2010<P align=left>License and permit requirements:<P align=left>Hunting license, muzzleloading gun permit<P align=left>and turkey permit (if hunting turkeys)<P align=left>Legal to take: Deer having one or more<P align=left>antler at least five inches in length visible<P align=left>above the hairline; gobblers and bearded turkeys<P align=left>(except in Holmes County and between<P align=left>Feb. 18?28, 2010); wild hogs; gray squirrels;<P align=left>quail; rabbits; raccoons; opossums; coyotes;<P align=left>nutrias; skunks and beavers<P align=left>Shooting hours: One-half hour before sunrise<P align=left>to one-half hour after sunset<P align=left>Daily bag and possession limits:<P align=left>Antlered deer?daily limit two, possession<P align=left>limit four. Bag and possession limits for<P align=left>other game legal to take during muzzleloading<P align=left>gun season can be found under Bag<P align=left>limits (see page 8).<P align=left>Hunting methods: Only muzzleloading<P align=left>guns, bows and crossbows may be used. For<P align=left>hunting deer, muzzleloading guns firing single<P align=left>bullets must be at least .40-caliber, and<P align=left>muzzleloading guns firing two or more balls<P align=left>must be 20-gauge or larger. Crossbows and<P align=left>bows must have a minimum draw weight of<P align=left>35 pounds. Hand-held releases on bows are<P align=left>allowed. For hunting deer, turkeys or hogs,<P align=left>broadheads must have at least two sharpened

edges with minimum width of ? inch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts