Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out yesterday with my dad and managed to catch 5 pomp, 5 trout, 2 spanish, and 1 flounder. Our buddy took home 2 trout as well. Trout were caught on paddle tail swim baits and topwater. The rest were caught on silly willys tipped with fish bites. Fished from about 9 to 12 at Crooked Island then from about 1 to 5 at East Bay. Should have limited on trout but they kept coming unbuttoned at the boat. Fun day of fishing!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Went out yesterday with my dad and managed to catch 5 pomp, 5 trout, 2 spanish, and 1 flounder. Our buddy took home 2 trout as well. Trout were caught on paddle tail swim baits and topwater. The rest were caught on silly willys tipped with fish bites. Fished from about 9 to 12 at Crooked Island then from about 1 to 5 at East Bay. Should have limited on trout but they kept coming unbuttoned at the boat. Fun day of fishing!

View attachment 1069180
Wow, you had a good day. It was nice to meet you.
By "east bay" do you mean the east side of crooked island sound or St Andrews bay?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I typically put in at DuPont Bridge and fish east of there. Most of the major points and flats to the east of DuPont hold some good numbers of trout. You have to weed through a ton of little ones before getting a keeper though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts