Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
I don't know how to trap them, but I usually go out at night and into my field with a flashlight,cup and stick. Follow the sound of the crickets, they are usually in a hole so stick the stick in there, not your finger. And don't squish the cricket with the stick. You're doing something productive and it's fun!

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Is there even such thing as a cricket trap? I have never seen or heard of one, but then again, I neveer heard of anyone who wanted to trap them either... Now im curious.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
You will need the following:

One slice of white bread, (because crickets dont eat whole wheat)
A pinch of granulated sugar
Spray bottle of water
Todays newspaper

Spritz a little water on bread, sprinkle with sugar, and put it outside at night where you believe the crickets are near. Tent the newspaper over the top of it. Get up early in the morning to check it, if it gets too hot they will bail.

If you buy your crickets they will actually stay alive in the cage for months. Most people dont realize it, but if you feed them (sugar bread) and water them (we used a bottle cap for a water bowl) and keep them in the shade; you can turn scrawny crickets into studs in a few days.

Have fun. I cant believe no one else has posted a cricket catching recipe....

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
You will need the following:

One slice of white bread, (because crickets dont eat whole wheat)
A pinch of granulated sugar
Spray bottle of water
Todays newspaper

Spritz a little water on bread, sprinkle with sugar, and put it outside at night where you believe the crickets are near. Tent the newspaper over the top of it. Get up early in the morning to check it, if it gets too hot they will bail.

If you buy your crickets they will actually stay alive in the cage for months. Most people dont realize it, but if you feed them (sugar bread) and water them (we used a bottle cap for a water bowl) and keep them in the shade; you can turn scrawny crickets into studs in a few days.

Have fun. I cant believe no one else has posted a cricket catching recipe....
I have always herd that but never tried it. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I always just capture a few minnows or shrimp if I want to go sportfishing..I have to capture crickets to show two not-so-smart teenager Mockingbirds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts