Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first year hunting down here and we have a lease and camp up in Glenwood, AL. When is the rut start down here? it seems like the past couple weeks the deer sign is plentiful on the plots but it is all at nite. seem locked down during the day. any advice

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,663 Posts
Why try and predict something that it is not possible to predict??? It's like asking when is Obama gonna get blasted?? We know its gonna happen just don't know when... Their has already been some morons trying to guess the date, some of which that are convinced that it has already started.... Hocks ain't even black and stinking yet... Usually February would be a good time. If you are in the woods as much as possible it won't matter.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
The last 2 weeks of the season is your best bet. We hunt their as well we are going to be fighting a full moon this year. Good luck post pics of THE OL BIGUN ....

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Any time after MLK. If it's cold then a little stronger rut. In lower AL we usually see a pre rut the last two weeks of January. The real rut is in February.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Bamafan, I live up here right down the road from Glenwood, my good friend that processes deer over in Chapel Hill has been slow the last couple of weeks because of the heat. You have to think a deer is already gettin his winter coat, when we have these hot spells, he has to feed at night. This weekend he got 2 studs in, both of them stinkin. So if it will get cold and stay cold a couple of days, you will start seeing the big boys. They are just now starting to scrape in our backyard. For years I have watched these pets and when these scrapes get active you can get ready. Good Luck with your hunt, you are in a good area in Glenwood, that is a big ole swamp.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I hunted crenshaw county last year and didnt see any rut activity. We did have a few bucks killed on the last weekend but that was it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hunt northeast of Montgomery and have been told around MLK week. I killed a good 8 pt this weekend and he stunk. glands were wet and black. Just hope it's cold instead of hunting in shorts this year. Good luck!

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
I grew up in Crenshaw County, if you turkey hunt, you will be amazed at what you see when you go back preparing for turkey season. Crazy, scrapes etc.

The deer up there and here, have had a very odd pattern the last few years. Used to be you could set your watch on seeing deer running does toward the end of January (15th-30th). Now it is anyone's guess.

Only time will tell

1 - 10 of 10 Posts