Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to fish in the Sound (we live across from the 300' tower) this AM but the freekin wind is blowing like crazy. I hope this is not the start of what we wnt through last year.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I fished today.... SUCKED!! it was blowing so bad, when i pulled the boat off the trailer it got pushed out so fast that i could barely hold the rope. when i finally got it stopped i looked at my hand to find out that i was missing about a half inch of skin. the rope had ripped it off!!! we fished the ICW and got a couple bites but thats it. no fish.. we went down toward the pass and it was blowing even harder. i forgot my jacket so i was at the point where i was sitting down inside the front of the boat to block the wind. not fun! even less fun driving back against the wind and waves!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
ScullsMcNasty (3/13/2010)I fished today.... SUCKED!! it was blowing so bad, when i pulled the boat off the trailer it got pushed out so fast that i could barely hold the rope. when i finally got it stopped i looked at my hand to find out that i was missing about a half inch of skin. the rope had ripped it off!!! we fished the ICW and got a couple bites but thats it. no fish.. we went down toward the pass and it was blowing even harder. i forgot my jacket so i was at the point where i was sitting down inside the front of the boat to block the wind. not fun! even less fun driving back against the wind and waves!!!

I got as far as starting the boat at the dock, then listened to my gut and set a few pin traps at the dock instead. Drove down toward Freeport, the bay was a nightmare. Glad ya got back in almost one piece....

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I put in at Shoreline south, and they have a flagpole at that park.

If that flag is flying at full attention, I am not going.... Pretty low tech, but it works.

There are others that use that same system. I was staring at the flag one day, and saw another floundering boat pull in the parking lot, and they were staring at that flag too.

I laughed, because I knew exactly what (and why) they were doing......:takephoto

1 - 6 of 6 Posts