Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished in the cold wind and rain Saturday. Probably caught 75 but all but 5 were over 9”. Sunday things turned around and we caught very few small ones. Threw out the jugs while we fished and picked up 7 channels and a blue cat. Ended up with 37 crappie and 8 catfish. Forgot to take a pic until after they were cleaned. Figured you guys would like this pic better anyway!

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
That's a fine sink full of fine eating. I envy the fun you had.

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot to mention that most of these were caught on minnows 18-24” below corks right in treetops. You had to find a hole in the thick stuff and drop it straight down, then straight back up. Really a lot of fun

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
i'm gonna go down there to bogue chitta and see if they are there too. i let you know.:thumbup:
good mess of crappie.
jack

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
If I can get home early enough I have a crappie hole that needs my attention. Bass Pro had their 9 ft crappie rods on sale so I bought one. Should help with position and whatnot.

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I can get home early enough I have a crappie hole that needs my attention. Bass Pro had their 9 ft crappie rods on sale so I bought one. Should help with position and whatnot.

Caught these with a 9’ but I really needed my 12’ with a strong backbone. Gotta snatch them out before they know what’s happening or they’ll hang you for sure

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm gonna go down there to bogue chitta and see if they are there too. i let you know.:thumbup:

good mess of crappie.

jack

I’ve give up on that place. It’s a long trip and I can never seem to catch much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts