Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone fix my kayak?
Jackson coosa fd. Have the boondox landing gear and it split my kayak.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,546 Posts
Can someone fix my kayak?
Jackson coosa fd. Have the boondox landing gear and it split my kayak.

You will need to find someone who can do plastic welding. Call around to the kayak shops and ask if they know anyone who has experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called the jackson dealer and they have epoxy, have not tried anyone else yet.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,546 Posts
I called the jackson dealer and they have epoxy, have not tried anyone else yet.

If done correctly you will not be able to tell it has been done. Epoxy would be my absolute last resort.

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,915 Posts
If you find someone to plastic weld it, please post their contact information, as I would love to have the crack on the deck of my Pro Angler 14 repaired properly!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Go to Lowe’s and buy the barrel with the triangle and the #2 inside, it’s made out of the same material as your kayak. Heat spot on kayak until it gets shiny. Cut a patch piece out of the barrel and heat until it’s moldable. Shape it and then stick the two pieces together. They will bond and seal. It won’t be pretty, but it will be functional.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you call this number (Ocean Kayak) *(800-852-9257)‬ and talk with customer service. They will send you a free patch kit. It’s basically mold cutouts and strips. All you need is a heat gun to do some plastic welding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts