Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas how to get rid of a coyote in a semi-wooded neighborhood. I don't mind shooting it, but can't figure out how to get him close enough while still enough light for me to see.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Fox pro call, mojo critter and this little rifle Benjamin .22. Like SureIcanfish said baiting and baiting is great but in a residential area I don't think I would. You will be attracting other dogs, cats etc. And could transfer diseases to stray dogs or house pets that get loose.

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
Where in GB do u live? I live in HBTS in GB west of Edgewood. We have a bunch of coyotes out here that I have caught on my trail cam. Last weds I got a pic of a bobcat. I have seen a black coyote at the GB sign around 0500 this summer twice. My neighbors kid is gonna try to gt some coyotes with a bow.. We had corn out and the coyotes ate it all.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Where in GB do u live? I live in HBTS in GB west of Edgewood. We have a bunch of coyotes out here that I have caught on my trail cam. Last weds I got a pic of a bobcat. I have seen a black coyote at the GB sign around 0500 this summer twice. My neighbors kid is gonna try to gt some coyotes with a bow.. We had corn out and the coyotes ate it all.
I live in HBTS as well so please do not consider this area part of GB, we are not.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Before you go out into the woods stomping around trying to kill a coyote. I will just say this you think a deer's nose, eye sight, and ears are good wait until you hunt coyotes. All the videos make it seem easy but it isn't. Best thing to do is get some calls. Coyote locater and a rabbit in distress to start off. Get up at 4 am and take the coyote locater and make one loud lone howl. Find where they are and go after them. Now usually when you howl a coyote in they will come straight in but if you use a distress call that coyote will circle down wind. And when he smells you they are gone. They don't stand around like a deer and stomp. It is WAY harder than deer hunting.

Breeding season is around the corner so coyote vocals will work great to.

I also have a FoxPro and a mojo critter and a few other calls for coyote hunting. I will just say this two to three people it is a lot easier.

Maybe Sawman might chime in.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I just lost my 3rd cat in 3 years. I going to have to do something with these coyotes. My plan is to gut shoot them so they suffer.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I called the fwc after seeing a coyote in GB proper and they gave me the impression that they would come after me if I was to harm or kill it....I mentioned that there were kids and family pets all in the vicinity where I saw it and they still told me to not pursue.....I couldn't believe it......

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I called the fwc after seeing a coyote in GB proper and they gave me the impression that they would come after me if I was to harm or kill it....I mentioned that there were kids and family pets all in the vicinity where I saw it and they still told me to not pursue.....I couldn't believe it......
Just liabilities is all it is fair point

·
LyterKillsLing
718 Posts
Hang a bloody piece of steak out on a king leader. Around 5ft off the ground... Come back at day light and put one between his eyes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts