Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an fyi. Lady here at work lives near 98 on the Okaloosa/S Rosa county line, let her small boston terriers out in the yard yesterday to do their business about 5am, appears that a coyote was in the yard,her dogs and the coyote(s) got into it,coyote killed one dog and drug him off, severely wounded one of the other dogs.

·
Super Moderator
27,931 Posts
Tons of yotes down there.....Had 1 cross my path last week that appeared to be 50-60 lbs. I see them on a nightly basis.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Dang, "I" have to say it?.......

It's a dog eat dog world out there. :)

Don't hate Coyote for being a Coyote.

:doh

Stressless

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I don't hate yotes, I just shoot 'em when ever I get the chance. A rabbit squealer and a shotgun loaded with #4 buck usually does the trick.

·
Registered
433 Posts
we have a rental house back there on the county line our back yard is the res. we used to live there and our first week there we had a pack of yotes in the back yard one night until thumper fired off,and now we have bears that drink out of my pond hope it wasnt any of my old neighbors.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Coyotes have a terrible impact on turkeys and deer, they are just a 1/2 step above a wild hog. I drop every one that I see, no questions asked.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this lady is pretty shook up about the coyotes, there was one on her patio again Saturday.. if any of you guys are interested in piling a few up, PM me and Ill put you in contact with her.. she would do the neccessary permits from FWC and ensure it is legal.. it might require using a bow, not sure.. thanks all..-j

·
Registered
210 Posts
Might be one of the same ones looking for another opportunity to try and score a meal. We have a problem with them on the farm we hunt on. When the cows are giving birth its like putting a chum slick out the yotes come out and look for opportunities which is happening right now but I'm not able to get out there. Planning on letting the girlfriend try on some to help her get in shape for deer season next year..

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Or 3 inch paint roller and bacon...

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am very efficient at killing coyotes. Unfortunately, I am currently in Iraq. If the problem persists into November, give me a pm and I will bring my 17 Rem and my Foxpro out there and collect some furs. I'd rather hunt coyotes than any other animal.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its Okaloosa, right on the County line.. Ive had a few guys talk about coming out but no one yet.. I hate to wait till Nov, any real Yote killers out there?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Coyotes are pretty easy to deal with. Think about the trail you've seen dogs leave in the yard because they use the same path over and over. Coyotes do the same thing. Find the trail, set the snare and wait. Here's a link to commercial snares, but I've made them from electric fence wire. You'll loose a few with fence wire, but it's cheap. I like to anchor to a small fallen tree that the coyote can drag. By doing so, the yote is less likely to try and chew through the wire as long as it can drag the anchor.

http://www.prosnares.com/foxwolf.html

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
A sponge soaked in lard then compressed with a brick until dried then cut up to a 2 inch square then placed along the property will take care of the problem. She just needs to keep her dogs away from the squares because once swallowed it will swell up and eventially kill what ate it by blocking the intestines. I know it may sound cruel but if you live where you can't shoot a gun without the law showing up this will do the trick. Coyote's are a nasty animal and sometimes it takes a nasty remedy to rid a neighborhood of unwanted animals.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hunt IL! (5/19/2008).. she would do the neccessary permits from FWC and ensure it is legal.. it might require using a bow, not sure.. thanks all..-j

As for the legality of taking a coyote, there is no closed season. Posted below is a link from the FWC website.

http://myfwc.com/hunting/docs/2008-09HuntingSeasons.pdf

You would have to check on the regs about discharging a firearm within the area (neighborhood, city, county, residence, etc), but as for a season or permits, no worries.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
WhiteDog (5/30/2008)
fla_scout (5/19/2008)2 words for you...sponge and lard.
One Word for you...TIMIC
timic...hahaha a guy in evergreen tried to get me to get him some timic to take care of a over population of coyotes. not many people know about it. very very illegal but is suppose to work like a charm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts