Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New one for me.

Hardly ever check this camera without seeing a coyote on it, so I assume it lives close. Checking a camera today around 2 pm my son's 1.5 years old black lab male was running around chasing everything he could. I heard him barking and he came running back to me with a coyote right behind him. I didn't have a gun but when I yelled at the coyote, he took off.

The crazy dog normally acts like he is the meanest critter in the woods and always looking for a fight. I thought an ole doe was chasing him.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Time to sell that pup and get a Black Mouth Cur lol
I wanted a black mouth cur when I moved up here but then decided against it, due to it bothering hunters. I didn't want this lab either.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Yep. Look up decoy doggers on YouTube. Sounds like you've got a good one.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I wanted a black mouth cur when I moved up here but then decided against it, due to it bothering hunters. I didn't want this lab either.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
HAHA you still like that pup. But I will say a Black Mouth Cur has been the best type of dog I have ever owned.

I mean with the amount of coyotes you have on your property it seriously probably wouldn't hurt to have a dog or two trained to bay and kill coyotes. A few of my friends out west use dogs to kill coyotes, pretty amazing to watch.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I was in Colorado a couple of years ago running some insurance claims. I had a claim for a guy in the plains area about 60 miles east of Colorado Springs. He had several dogs that he kept around his farm. I can't remember the breed, but he said that they would run down and kill coyotes.

They might have been Anatolian Shepherds, but I could be wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts