Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met a buddy on the beach this morning to see if the specks or Reds had "thickened" up yet. It was slow at first and pretty discouraging. We did a good bit of walking but eventually found a couple small troughs with deep water. These holes were small but held a lot of fish and between the two spots and the two of us we beached 17 Specks, 2 Redfish and 1 Whiting. The Whiting actually ate a Rat-L-Trap which is a first for me. Most fish fell victim to the Unfair Rip N Slash.

The action died off sharply once the tide starting pushing in. All of the fish were further out than typical and it took a very aggressive retrieve to get strikes. The bite was completely over by 8:00.

Attachments

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
Nice fish (as usual).... I like the blue tail- don't they look nice when they're lit up? See you tomorrow! Got a couple reels for you to take care of :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice haul! Never really fish from the beach, what kind of conditions do you look for to have success fishing artificial from the beach? The Rip N Slash is my favorite!

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can catch fish on artificials in most conditions but once its over 3' I rarely do just because its a pain.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Nice haul! Never really fish from the beach, what kind of conditions do you look for to have success fishing artificial from the beach? The Rip N Slash is my favorite!

look for troughs and washouts in the sandbars off the beach... they will hold fish typically...

Great Report Chris... Only gonna get better from here

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
alright Chris u did it to me. I must now set off in your direction and follow your footsteps your reports have told and motivated me enough to get back on the surf....

very good report, I took it as a motivational speech hahahahaha!!!!

here I come, Im bringing the wade crew with me lets see if we can gather a little something somethin for a BBQ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts