Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TJ McBoatFace
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick shout out to Jolly Rogers Charters and Captain Chris Williams for being a kind & friendly charter operation.

We headed out 20+miles to specifically dive the Avocet and found Jolly Rogers there about to do their 2nd dive. I tried to hail him on the radio to find out his plan and he waved us over to chat. Captain Chris was very courteous and went out of his way to allow us to share the wreck offering a suggestion on where to tie in and offered for us to even use his tie in line as a guide. I really appreciate his helpfulness and great attitude about sharing our resources. Additionally, I understand that they even hung around for a few extra min while our last diver was surfacing (me) to make sure we untied and got off the wreck OK. You never know what kind of person you'll find on a public spot and too often people get butt hurt about sharing public wrecks. He is a true gentleman and I appreciate it.

·
TJ McBoatFace
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How’s the water clarity at the avocet?

On Sunday it was snotty until about 10' from the wreck (80-90'?) and opened up to say 20' vis at the bottom.

The other boat had already done one dive by the time we got there and I was the last to dive. I saw one beautiful dumb scamp that almost let me touch it. On the way up in the murk I was surrounded by the biggest group of Cuda I've ever seen and one big fat headed shark. Only a quick safety stop in that murk with all of those sharp teeth around.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Nice to see a positive about a boat for a change. Nice job Captains

1 - 4 of 4 Posts