·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I would love to see one of those on my game cameras!!! :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, i got those 3 with my bow this past season. a friend of mine that hunts with me killed a black one this past season with his 270. 2 black ones and a brown one the year before with my rifle. some brown and grey ones the year before that.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Tell me about the Rage. I have used several broadheads usually with good results. I hear the Rage is incredible but at $15 a piece I have stayed away. Are they really worth the price?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have yet to put one in a deer, but holy [email protected]#$ at what it does to some yotes. i vow not to pick up a rifle this deer season until i kill atleast 1 deer with my bow, and yes i will continue to shoot rage as long as i can afford it. To anyone that hasany of the 2 blade rage and doesn`t like them, call me i will take them off your hands.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
pcola4 (21/05/2010)Tell me about the Rage. I have used several broadheads usually with good results. I hear the Rage is incredible but at $15 a piece I have stayed away. Are they really worth the price?
i have a funny story about the Rage.. i was on a bowhunt in IL in the peak of the rut this past season. My plan was to use Slick Tricks(because i am a fixed blade broadehead man myself)BUT i brought along a couple arrows tipped with Rage 2blades for a doe if i had the chance.. I had a not so great experience with the 3blade but i was willing to give the 2blade a try bc i had heard great things about them. Anyways...

First morning of the huntcame early so I slammed a Monster energy on the way to our farm. Well if youve ever drank a monster before, you know you have to piss like a racehorse about an hour later. Well i fought it off for nearly 3hrs until finally had to get down and relieve myself. Well on the way back up my pull rope got stuck around my fletching and pulled all the arrows off...except for the 1 RageI had in my quiver :) There was no way i was getting back down and its a good thing i didnt because 5 mins later I look over my shoulder and see a shooter coming down the edge of the standing corn. He cut the edge of the corn and popped back out and I stopped him at 42yrds. I aimed a little high and let er fly! Well I ended up not making the best shot on the buck, i hit him high and back BUT the Rage fileted him like a fish! There was a blood trail that Ray Charles could follow! I am nearly certain if i would have used a fixed blade it would have not ended as good. I may have still found the buck but im sure it wouldnt have been as easy.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i forgot that you killed a yote too. what color was the one you killed? and i don`t know what buck problem you speak of....................ssssshhhhhhhh!

·
Banned
19 Posts
I tracked a big cat all over my property last winter. Never found it, the tracks were almost the size of a DVD. My bro never believed me that we have big cats in the panhandle! Good pictures man.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts