Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to draw a quota for a WMA east of Tallahassee (zone c) for September 28-30. This was my first experience with such early bow hunting, but I put my time in and had pictures of several nice bucks... Friday and Saturday were nothing short of miserable. The temp was 91 as I climbed my tree Friday afternoon, and of course the full moon was the same day. We didn't see anything friday or saturday so the outlook for this morning was poor.... 5AM rolled around and my buddy couldn't force himself out of bed so I headed to the woods solo. It was about 73 and very gloomy, almost misting humid. Jacked up my tree and about 30 minutes after sunrise had a doe sneak up on me and I couldn't get a shot. Thinking that would be my only opportunity this weekend, I was kicking myself. About 2 minutes later I catch a body slipping through the pines and he gave me a 35 yard quartering away shot. He took about 3 steps and crashed; Grim Reapers did the trick... Definitely not a biggun, but my first bow buck and first September hunt.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts