Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m moving to the country in a couple of years and looking for 20+ acres with spring fed lakes. I still have to fish somewhere. Jim is helping me too.

Especially property that backs up to timber land so I can hunt.

If anyone knows of any please let me know.

Thank you,

Keith

·
Registered
405 Posts
Sign me up too. Might be easier to build a lake first though. I dream sometimes of damming Escambia or Blackwater rivers to have a great freshwater lake in the panhandle, probably won't happen until the next Great Depression.

·
Registered
547 Posts
If you find something like that please share it sounds like several of us are interested in the same thing. I would love to have a small hobby farm to raise my own pig, chickens and a cow or two. A nice big garden would be nice also.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Keith,
I recall seeing a sign along I10 for several years. Seems like just a bit west of the Wilcox exit.
It says XXX acres with two lakes for sale.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Does this mean you will give up fishing reel repair ? And start working on guns, if so sign me up to get you to make my Glock 19 fully auto. I know you can do it, if I was only half as talented as you I would feel very blessed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
bcbz, looks great. What's the depth? Looks like about 15-18 ft in the hole. You might consider adding some structure like large stumps, logs ..

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ive been looking and the budget can be as high as 800K. I found one spot that backed up to timber property and the owner has killed an 8 point on his property. It has 3 spring fed lakes. An indoor and outdoor shooting range. A meat processing building. Multiple other purpose built buildings and the main home. A gunsmith shop too..!!

I’m going in the hospital again for multiple foot ulcers that wont heal because of bad blood flow. Il be in for a week. God I hate hospitals. Health care has gotten terrible. Ask any doctor you know...

This is the Realtor Jim found for me. http://parmls.paragonrels.com/CollabLink/?id=799fb791-102b-4688-a59b-56a4b7000a5a

·
Clint aka noworyz
68 Posts
Ive been looking and the budget can be as high as 800K. I found one spot that backed up to timber property and the owner has killed an 8 point on his property. It has 3 spring fed lakes. An indoor and outdoor shooting range. A meat processing building. Multiple other purpose built buildings and the main home. A gunsmith shop too..!!

I’m going in the hospital again for multiple foot ulcers that wont heal because of bad blood flow. Il be in for a week. God I hate hospitals. Health care has gotten terrible. Ask any doctor you know...

This is the Realtor Jim found for me. http://parmls.paragonrels.com/CollabLink/?id=799fb791-102b-4688-a59b-56a4b7000a5a
thats very nice, good luck.. hope you heal up....but I feel I need to try to help a brother out... for 400K I'll let you come kill (2) 8pt's & (1) doe & (5) raccoons and I'll even drag them out for ya....then you can spend that other 400K on something nice.... lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
Beautiful place

Don’t forget the lawn/yard maintenance required.
Best wishes...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Just WoW! But two problems. The gun room is not big enough and in picture #17 Why is there a kitchen in the bedroom? Or a bed in the kitchen?

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,995 Posts
It's for something kinky or for harvesting organs after a Tinder hookup gone bad. Ya know, wake up in a bathtub full of ice and you have a kidney missing.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
OP, with $800K budget, you will definitely find what you are looking for.

bcbz, looks great. What's the depth? Looks like about 15-18 ft in the hole. You might consider adding some structure like large stumps, logs ..

You are probably right, but no telling how full it will actually get. We are going to let it sit a year or so and then see what we have to do. It's drought conditions in that area right now. Worst case scenario and most likely, we will put in a well to keep it full.

I've got to lime it and seed the banks this fall. Would like to find some big boulders to put in it. The $$ never ends.

We want it for the looks, the wood ducks, and stock it with panfish and catfish to eat.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts