Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to costa rica on my honey moon in november. Does any one know a good place to stay and fish. We are going for a week we want to fish offshore for 2 days and inshore for 1. Any suggestions

·
Registered
908 Posts
Try here, it's out in the jungle and the only way to it is a small 4 seater plane but the snook fishing is incredible. In 5 days of fishing there 2 of us probably caught over a hundred, possibly closer to two hundred of them with the smallest coming in at about 25 lbs. Then every night you come in and they cook up some of your catch. Great place. They say that the Tarpon fishing is pretty awesome there too, I believe that the world record Tarpon at one point came from there.

http://www.riocoloradolodge.com/

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
Playa Jaco is right down the road from Los Suenos as another member stated. However, its really expensive. If you keep driving straight ahead instead of taking the right turn into Los Suenos, there is a little bar and beach at this place called Playa Herredera. There is a great little open air bar operated by an American ex-pat. His name is Dennis Dunn. Dennis knows all the guides there at Herredera and can hook you up with the best one available and a good deal cheaper than Los Suenos.

If you are going to CR, do not miss Manuel Antonino.... Its right below Quepos and it is beautiful. There is a great tour of the National Forest there in addn to the beautiful scenery. THere are many great restaurants there. One is made from the hulk of an old airplane wreck and the food is fantastic. The better hotels were 75 a night. The cheap ones were 30 a night. Be careful in Jaco and San Jose at night. There is not much crime in the rural areas, but there are the usual pick pockets and street criminals in the towns. Good Luck

Capt Jim Stone.. oh... I would look into seeing the volcano at Arenal .... very cool Zip line tours... Dang.. I wanna go back NOW!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Off the water... Quepos has nicer lodging/shopping/nightlife, but the beauty of the Golfito area/Osa Peninsula is unbelievable--do a Roosterfishing charter along the Osa; even if you don't catch a thing the ride will be worth it. On the water... you willcatch plenty of sails in one day offshore Quepos. Then go to Golfito for a bottom fishingor Rooster trip. Plenty of sails there too with a better shot at Black Marlin if you just want the bill. Don't know much about the inshore bite, but both areas havePacific Snook and you can get some Pargoclose.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sierpe has the best combination of offshore and inshore fishing in my opinion. I don't think you would want to stay there with your new bride though. Its very rustic. The Sierpe river is full of fish. We've caught lots of snook there. The river runs into the Pacific where there is good fishing for roosters and sails. Since my wife is not a big fan of "rustic", we usually stay about an hour north in Dominical. Dominical is a surfer town with good restaurants. There are hotels of varying quality and lots of very nice private homes for rent. Good luck with fishing and marriage...not necessarily in that order. Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts