Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am going to Costa Rica for the entire month of July. Mygirlfriend and I are staying right on the water in Montezuma which ison the Nicoya peninsula.

I know nothing about fishing but Ireally would love to spend my mornings catching fish for the day whileI'm there. I don't want to rent a boat or charter or anything like thatI just want to roll out of bed and hopefully catch some fish to eat.

My deceasedgrandfather was a huge outdoors man and I know he has some fishing rodsand probably a tackle box. But other than that I am clueless.

Wouldlove to get some info on what kind of fish are out there, what sort ofbait/ tackle to use and even how to prepare them to eat.

Any help would be truly appreciated, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Number one rule is to keep the rods and reels rinsed after each use... ESPECIALLY if they are not saltwater grade gear.

This includes spraying under spools and such... not a jet stream as it can force salt and water inside the reel.

As for fishing down there, I have never had thje chance and have no idea what is going on there.

Brent

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
If you're bringing your own Rods down there , be prepared to PAY for it :doh ... you could probably rent some decent light tackle outfits , and Fish for Robalo (Snook to us) , and Corvina ( a GIANT White Trout looking Fish) wading off the Beach ... throw Spoons or Topwater lures like a Yozuri or a Mirro-Lure ... we caught mostly Corvina around any rocks , and the Robalos were tougher to find but we lucked out IN the Surfline ... have FUN , the Nicoya is a great place :letsparty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts