Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently broke one of the glass lenses 580s and need a new pair. I wanted to know if anyone has tried the silver mirror

580s and I can't remember what water and lighting conditions its good for? The Costa Del Mar website kinda sucks and

they don't tell much as far as details.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Team Bloody Waters (11/19/2009)I recently broke one of the glass lenses 580s and need a new pair. I wanted to know if anyone has tried the silver mirror

580s and I can't remember what water and lighting conditions its good for? The Costa Del Mar website kinda sucks and

they don't tell much as far as details.

I've got silver mirror 580s and love them. They are amber from your side of the glasses, and they work well in shallow water.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I read about them a couple yrs ago in saltwater sportsman. Amber is what I had before with green mirror 580s. Its amazing the difference when you have to downgrade:banghead

·
Registered
306 Posts
actually the slver mirror 580s are SUPPOSED to be used for snow BUT apparently they work pretty good in water according to other people.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I haven't ever had the silver mirrors, but I have had to return a pair to Costa Del Mar for a broken lens. They replaced them with no problemss

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Julebugs (11/19/2009)I haven't ever had the silver mirrors, but I have had to return a pair to Costa Del Mar for a broken lens. They replaced them with no problemss
I was wondering if they can replace the lens I broke, they are the 580s, green mirror, amber the frames are fine. Wasn't sure if they could replace the one lens?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Their website says they have to replace both lenses. I have a pair with a broken lense also and would be interested to know the cost of replacing the lenses.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts