Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, are the Costa 580 lenses worth purchasing? If so who's the best retailer in the area. Also, they offer a dizzying aray of lens colors. Which do you like and why? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
i have a pair of guidelines...after wearing them a day of fishing i sold my costa 580's they are under 1/2 the price also

·
Super Moderator
27,951 Posts
I have used Oakley polarized, Costa 400's and 580's.....Outta all 3 my 580's are just a tad better/brighter then my Oakley or 400's. Not sure what the Guidelines that Jason mentioned are but Jason spends waaaaaaaaay more time on the water then me, so I would trust him on what he says....:letsdrink

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you are sight fishing there is a night and day difference between the 400's and the 580's. Definitely go with the 580's. We don't cobia fish without them...for general use the 400's work well.

·
Registered
624 Posts
atlantacapt (10/31/2009)If you are sight fishing there is a night and day difference between the 400's and the 580's. Definitely go with the 580's. We don't cobia fish without them...for general use the 400's work well.
:withstupid

go with the 580s

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, I checked out the guidlines. Polycarbonate lenses are a dealbreaker for me. What about lens colors?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I have a pair and I won't be buying another pair ever!!

Had to send them in for repair because the lamination came off the lens..everybody I know has had the same problem with theirs also. Way to expensive for what you get out of a pair of sunglasses.

·
Registered
848 Posts
580 lenses dont delaminate only the 400 do that

personally i love my 580's but i would go try 580 to guidelines and see which one you like better

it is all about personal preference

1 - 16 of 16 Posts