Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have Costa 580 Silver Mirror in "Copper", and they are great. My wife bought me a pair of Maui Jim's for our anniversary, and they are kick ass. If you are wanting to go with something other than Costa,... then check out Maui Jim.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I have had nothing but good luck with Costa Del Mar customer service. In fact, they gave Gump a 200 dollar pair of shades to replace a pair he sat on after I sent them in for him. True story. I have a pair in for service right now so we will see if the trend continues. I may try a pair of Guidelines though- I don't like the way my Costa Tripletails fit. I had a pair of 580's and I didn't really see a hugedifference from 400's. I sold the 580's.

·
Registered
848 Posts
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl12_lblFullMessage>screw Costa Del Mar. Buy a pair of guidelines and you dont have to worry. I have owned 580s 400s and guidelines. The guidelines are equivelant to the 580s at half the price and their customer service is leaps and bounds over Costa Del Mar.Had a friend have some 580s and they started to delaminate. He sent them back and Costa stated it was due to being in the salwater enviroment too much. WTF, that is what they are made for. Ended up costing 120.00 to replace the lense. There ismany peoplethat havehad the same experience with Costa Del Mar customer service myself included.
costa del mar 580 dont delaminate only the 400's do, the 580's are made out of all glass

the 400's are plastic with laminated miror lense,

·
Registered
237 Posts
i got a pair 400's fathoms i got em roughly 6 months ago at outcast i love these glasses i use em when i fish and run track i dropped em a bunch of times and dropped them on the track at school friday and its like you can see the scratches when you put em so there great and i had a pair 580's about 3 years ago but they were my dads worn out ones and they didnt seem to nice but a new pair would prob be alot better than those were

·
Registered
741 Posts
I just got a new pair of 580's amber lensesnot to long ago and they did not fit me to well. But here is a trick to make them fit. Run hot hot water on them for awhilewhere they do not fit and take them out of the water and bend them to your needs try them on keep doing the same thing hot water and bendinguntill they fit you good. I got mine to fit me perfect!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I've had a pair of Swordfish 400's for years now and a year or so ago, I called Costa and sent them in to see what they could do. They contacted me back and told me when the "new" pair will be arriving. I have the Blk/Blue Mirror Sworfish 400 (glass) lense model. Originally cost me about $210, but they seem woth it to me. They were great in their customer service, but now if I had to buy another pair, I would have to scale down and save up. Cons: they are heavy due to them being glass if you wear them all day. Never tried the Guidlines, they sound pretty good!

Tight Lines!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts