Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have corrosion spots on my annodized T-top pipes. I've tried bronze wool and Rupp Alumaguard to try and remove the corrosion spots but that has not worked. Has anyone had this same problem? If so, what have you used to remove the corrosion and what have you used to prevent further corrosion?

·
Registered
129 Posts
What color are the spots? I use Woody Wax WWK16 kit, it will remove corrosion and has a sealer that will last 6 months, after that I just wipe it down with the woody wax and it provides a good barrier that will last 3-4 months and shines nice.
After a day on the water I just blast it down with fresh water to get the salt off till I can get some low ph soap (woody wax type) to give it a good wash down.
Spots where the anodized has corroded off before I got the boat I just got some zinc chromate primer with a little artist brush and primed then top coated with some rust-oleum silver enamel. Any form of coating forms a barrier on your bright work to prevent/slow down corrosion.

www.woody-wax.com/woody-wax-kit.php

·
Registered
9,704 Posts
Clean it up best you can and wax it. Wasting time and money on all the miracle cures I mean cleaners.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SEACAT, the spots are kinda white-ish looking. As I said, the bronze wool doesn't seem to help. I've tried Woodys Wax on my non-skid deck and was disappointed with the cost versus the protection.

GATOR75, how do you use the aluminum foil?

SEALARK, may come down to that if I can't get anything else to work. Just kinda "anal" about how my boat looks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts