Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Lucky S.O.B
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Conditions: 55degrees 10mph SE winds

Water Clarity: <5ft

Equipment: Mojo Rage 6.5ft Med Light action w/ Shimano Stradic CI4 2500 spooled with 15lb Powerpro Slick

Presentation: Carolina Rig, 1/4 oz egg sinker, 2ft 15lb Flouro leader, Owner Size 1 J hook

Bait: Fiddler Crab, Live Shrimp

Species caught: Red Drum, Bluefish, Black Sea Bass, Mangrove Snapper, Gag Grouper, Sheepshead

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Awesome great report . Looking forward to catching them rascals .haven't caught one on my kayack yet should be interesting usesly just throw reds and trout inside were feet and legs are but sheeps teeth and spines oocch!!! Sit in yak

·
Lucky S.O.B
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome great report . Looking forward to catching them rascals .haven't caught one on my kayack yet should be interesting usesly just throw reds and trout inside were feet and legs are but sheeps teeth and spines oocch!!! Sit in yak
Using a net really helps with that. They are pointy bastards.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nice haul! Sheepshead bite at the Destin bridge is awesome right now. I'm pretty sure you would be extremely hard pressed to come up empty handed.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It was a little baby, maybe 10 inches long. Cute looking with his big ole snaggletooth.
That's a good little surprise. I heard of them being there this time of year but have yet to catch one at the bridge.
I have access to a CC out of Panama City so I took it out with Cliphord and a friend of ours that works at Yellowfin Ocean Sports at Seagrove Beach. We were fishing a nice eddy formed at the end of the east jetty. Me and the guy from Yellowfin were pulling in a bunch of Blues while Cliphord kept saying there is a fish down there. I said yup there are a bunch of fish in the Gulf.:laughing: He then changed to a jig and after a few tries he pulled in a small Grouper like that. There was a big rock about 10ft under the boat and he kept seeing the little guy poke his head out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts