Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Jaded Old Phart
7,409 Posts
The headline should read rampant corporate welfare to kickoff attempt to build computer chips.
That factory has it's hand out, meantime in AZ companies you heard of...

·
Green Eggs And Ham
13,483 Posts
Been building PC's for decades and Taiwan is where 90% of all my components come from. TSMC is a HUGE corporation. ASUS is my go to boards all in Taiwan.

Coming to the USA is a very very big deal.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
13,483 Posts
Taiwan chip giant head warns war would devastate global supply

In a rare interview with CNN that aired Monday, TSMC chairman Mark Liu warned “nobody can control TSMC by force”.

The Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company is one of the main suppliers of the world’s most advanced microchips — used in everything from smartphones and cars to missiles — and its factories are running at full capacity to alleviate a global shortage.

“If you take a military force or invasion, you will render TSMC factory not operable,” he said.

“These are such sophisticated manufacturing facilities. It depends on the real-time connection with the outside world, with Europe, with Japan, with the US.”

The Taiwanese firm dominates more than half of the global semiconductor market, with clients including Apple and Sony.

“From materials to chemicals and spare parts, to engineering software diagnosis, and it’s everyone’s effort to make this factory operable,” Liu said.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We sent that to Ukraine for kickback money and got nothing in return, At least drop a measly 5 billion and finish the Wall.
I thought a wall was the answer but I'm now convinced that while Democrats have half or more of the country, a wall just clumps up people who they will let in the gate of that wall. They are always 2 steps ahead of us when it comes to ruining our country.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts