Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
that seems like a good deal for a nice smoker! What are the specifics on it? Did you make it, buy it, have someone custom build it? Whats the cooking area? Whats the over all deminsions? sorry for all the questions just trying to help with info people may be looking for. I'm interested myself but having a hard time justifing hahaha

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I just got home from work, but to answer your questions:

It was custom built in North Mississippi and used in a few BBQ competitions and 4th of July parties for cooking 1/2 whole hogs, butts, chickens etc.

The steel is thick and the doors are very heavy duty.

The grill is 42" (3.6') X 96" (8') = 4032 Sq. Inches / 144 = 28' sq. feet of cooking area on the lower cooking grate.

It has a higher cooking grate that is about 24" (2') X 96" (8') = 1656" Sq. Inches / 144 = 11.5' if additional cooking (or warming) area.

So all together 39.5 sq. feet of cooking area.

It has a sliding box (removable from the cooker) not quite halfway (pretty low) between the bottom of the grill and the lower cooking grate that can be used for either a water pan or a fire pan (for controlling where you want your heat - such as if you are indirect heat cooking).

It comes with a long rake that can be used to clean the ashes out of the cooker.

Let me know if anyone has any more questions. Somebody needs to buy this and enjoy it or use it for a business.

ETA: if anyone tries to bust me out on my math.. the price goes up 20%.. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also ETA... you can load this grill up with charcoal and smoking wood and go take a 4-5 hour nap - or just go drink some beer. It has temp thermometers on the front and front end in addition to one on the upper cooking grate.

·
Registered
50 Posts
one more quick question if you know the answer! On the axle it looks like golf cart tires? can you pull this thing down the road and will those tires hold up? I'm certainly not a tire expert but it was just something I noticed

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The tires are pontoon boat trailer tires. I pulled it down to Navarre from North Mississippi and it pulled great. No swaying or anything. I am cautious, so I never went much over 55MPH. Even U-haul limits you to 45mph with their trailers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts