Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Hunter Maples and I am the president of an exciting new non-profit called Committed for Waterfowl. Our primary goal is to raise money that will go back directly into the local waters that our waterfowl reside in. If you are a duck hunter then you know just how important habitat is to sustaining a quality waterfowl population. Even if you are not a duck hunter, you know how important it is for our bays, rivers, deltas, and marshes to be taken care of. What sets our organization apart from others is that every single penny raised will go directly back into our LOCAL habitats for improvement. We have many exciting projects ongoing now, and many more to come in the near future. Please take a second to check our new website at www.cfwaterfowl.org . There you can read our mission statement and check in on some of the other things we have going on, as well as contact information for our board of directors in case you have any questions or ideas. I hope that everyone knows that if WE don?t help protect and improve our local habitat, no one will. Thank you very much and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Sincerely,

Hunter Maples

President

Committed For Waterfowl

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ditto. LMK

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate the kind words guys and support! The site will be a work in progress but we wanted to go ahead and get our names out there.. We will be having a kick off banquet to jump start our events that we have in store.. Our first couple of projects will include a youth seminar day, where we will introduce kids into the do's and don'ts of duck hunting. We will be demonstrating how to properly rig decoys, introduction to duck calling, gun safety, decoy spread patterns, and much more. Also we will be working with local wildlife biologist to restore wood duck boxes, clearing direct paths for ducks to land, marking all boxes on google earth with picture and data uploads of the condition of the boxes (these coordinates will be posted on our site so that the general public will be able to view.) we have many more events instore so keep up with us and our site!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts