Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bringing my family down for our annual vacation tonight (at least 12 of us maybe 16). We have decided that we are not going to let the spill stop us. We know we can still fish the surf and bridges (thanks for the recent posts by the way) and we will do plenty of that, but I need some help. I have access to a 24 ft CC with a trailer and need possible launch sites with access to the gulf. I know I have to go east, but how far? Ft Walton, Destin, further? We lesave at midnight tonight and would appreciate any info. Hang in there guys, we can get through this. Thanks!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
There are a bunch of spots to launch around Pensacola. I was fishing the other day and the water looked fine, but we only went out about 2 miles. Also fished the Pensacola pier and had alot of fun, saw no oil and the fishing was great. Let us know what area you will be and I am sure someone can give you up to date info

·
Registered
347 Posts
You can launch from Navy point(free), or you can launch from Shoreline, or at the base of the 3-mile bridge--$5 or $10 launch fee. The last two are about 7 miles to the pass, and navy point is about 3 miles You can stop in at any bait store and they can give you directions--Good Luck!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Given the booning of Pensacola pass during incoming tide, I would trailer over to Destin. That, however, could change in a few days!! Good Luck!!

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Plenty of action in the bay with snappers,grouper,redfish,ladyfish,spanish,flounder,the occational sheephead,sharks,etc. SR sound for redfish,trout,etc. Stop by Outcast for info if your launching from Navy Pt. Launching from Shoreline Pk. would make Hot Spots B&T or Gulf Breeze B&T the info center. Stop in and say hi to Dwayne at Half Hitch B&T in Navarre if you plan on launching to the east. Enjoy your stay with us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts