Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With it being my first winter for serious crappie fishing I have been waiting for this cold weather that everyone says will "bunch them up" and make them easier to find and catch??
Just looked at my 14 day forecast and daytime temps will average about 50 and nighttime averages below freezing. Will that do it and somebody give me a tip on how to find 'em!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
765 Posts
Have you put the christmas trees out??

·
Tyler Walker
1,587 Posts
Deep water. Suspended at daylight, then they'll go down in the column to structure or bottom, and then suspend again be dawn.

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
My buddy up in Huntsville has been absolutely killing them but the water fluctuations have put a damper on them. Know that's aways off but it has picked up for him since it's gotten colder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Water temps are getting right just too much water. Went to a couple lakes in S AL in the last week and temp range between 49-58 degrees depending on the body of water. With all the rain bait has scattered and crappie schools have busted up, so maybe the water flow will decrease and fish will start holding on structure in the next week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts