Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went Cobia fishing today, broke off a "huge" one and boated a few shorts. The flies were tearing us up, even with Skin So Soft spray. We thought it worked well a couple weeks ago but not so good today.
We ran out to some artificial reefs to take a break and caught short triggers and snappers.
Seas were calm all day.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
We went Cobia fishing today, broke off a "huge" one and boated a few shorts. The flies were tearing us up, even with Skin So Soft spray. We thought it worked well a couple weeks ago but not so good today.
We ran out to some artificial reefs to take a break and caught short triggers and snappers.
Seas were calm all day.
How far out where the flies?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just out of curiosity, how are you fishing for cobia this time of year? NOT looking for spots - just interested in learning a new method. My thinking is anchoring over structure and putting chum bag in water. Possibly live bait on bottom and free line on top?
I think the ships outside of Mobile bay is the most consistent pattern, especially if you don't have a spotting tower to run the shorelines. Its a zoo on the weekends at the ships.
I don't anchor and chum, but after yesterday, maybe I should.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts