1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,824 Posts
allstar 1088

seeker ps90

gator t90h

fenwick 1086 or 1208 (i have both!)

something with some backbone so you can jack his jaw.... too many choices to list, those are some of the most common though

·
Registered
258 Posts
A seeker ps85 or a calstar graphfighter 9000h(can't remember the exact model but I can get it later)both make a great rod.

Anthony

·
Registered
993 Posts
GLoomis 1089,if you can find one.

Rainshadow 1089

American Tackle no longer makes the 1089 but if you

can find one...buy it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Seanspots your right about the gloomis1089 I fished that blank for a number of years now .The 1089 has plenty of backbone for hook sets and is one of the most accurate throwing Blanks I have ever owned. Everything about it just works for me.When i say accurate i mean it handles a 3oz big ben perfectly.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
just like everything else in life, its just a matter of preference. the post www.fishing made is quite factual. in general, if youre willing to spend the money, trust just about anything he says, he knows seems to know his facts about most rods. if youre on a budget, the t90h of t90l is another great option. they are a bit heavier, but will definetely do the trick. gator makes one of the toughest rods around, you can beat them to heck and back and almost never worry about one breaking. the best advice i could give you is to do some research (hands on) and figure out what feels good in your hands. take into consideration what youll be doing all year with the rod. if its going to be your main pier rod, dont get a broomstick with no action, you wont be able to throw a king mackerel bait.

good luck finding a rod that suits you. if youd like to hold and even fish with a few of the rods mentioned on here, id be more than happy to let you test mine out and im sure most of the other guys on here would do the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts