Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RIGHT NOW... on Iron Chef America on the Food Network the "secret ingredient" is our own "COBIA" it's about half over, but it's repeated quite often. Some very fancy recipies.

Cox channel 68!

Jim

·
Super Moderator
12,780 Posts
i once saw one where them fools were cooking blue runner (hartail):sick

·
Super Moderator
12,780 Posts
wtf... i just turned it on in time to see him chop the head off of a ling that was no more than 20 inches...

made me wanna :sick, then i changed the channel:banghead

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I watched it!! They were some small Cobia! :) Some of their dishes looked yummy - the pasta especially - but some of that other stuff they cooked looked like:sick

·
Registered
261 Posts
Saw the show. The cobia used were probably (my guess is 100% for sure) captive raised. I'm sure the captive cobia has a specific market size that best yields meat vs food/space ratio. I'm guessing a fish in the 12-15 lb range.

As for cobia recipes- any good fish recipe is great. Grilled, fried, baked- it's all good.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I saw it too. Some very good ideas. I am definitley trying that fried fish batter recipe. It looked awesome.

I was jealous about those cobia sizes. Man, howtender would a3 pound cobia be? Fillet and eat right there with some wasabi and soy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts